What Do I Need to Know?
- Affiliate Training Camp is a two-step program – coaches must complete an online course (Part 1), then attend a live training (Part 2)
- Coaches must be at least 18 years of age
- Coaches are required to have a fitness or medical certification
- Coaches must complete the online course with a minimum pass score of 80% or higher
- Coaches must attend the entire hands-on training at an authorized affiliate location
- Complete a RSB application which must be approved by RSB HQ
*ATC participation is restricted to new coaches who are joining the Rock Steady Boxing affiliate program.
Online Course Details (Part 1)
Upon registration, attendees receive a link to start their coursework via the online certification training. This must be completed no later than 2 weeks prior to your scheduled seminar date.
ONLINE COURSE TABLE OF CONTENTS
Round 1: We Are Rock Steady
Round 2: Know Your Opponent – Parkinson’s disease
Round 3: Ring Strategy – How Rock Steady Fights Back Against PD
Round 4: Philosophy and Fight-Back Attitude
Round 5: Preparing for the Fight – RSB Curriculum
Round 6: Pre-Fight Checkup – Intake and Assessment
Round 7: About Boxing
Round 8: Boxing-Specific Exercises
Round 9: Boxing Moves
Round 10: Equipment-Specific Routines
Round 11: Core Work
Round 12: Building a RSB-Style Workout
Round 13: Health & Safety
Round 14: RSB-Quality Customer Service
Round 15: Coaching Volunteers and Cornermen
*All participants are required to pass a 50 question final exam.
Live Training Dates & Locations (Part 2)
One-day onsite training must be conducted at one of the following locations on the scheduled date:
- January 30, 2020- North Miami Beach, FL
- February 13, 2020- Santa Clara, CA
- March 11, 2020- Indianapolis, IN
- April 22, 2020- Central Point, OR
- May 14, 2020- Pittsburgh, PA
*Beginning June 2020, new Affiliate Training Camp format*
- Completion of the 15 round online training with a score of 80% or better.
- Completion of a two-day (previously one-day) onsite training at an authorized location.
- June 2020- Indianapolis, IN
- July 2020- Wichita, KS
- August 2020- Sarasota, FL
Live Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Basic Boxing Skills
Boxing Equipment Discussion
Medical Presentation and Q & A Session
Observation of RSB Parkinson’s Boxing Class
*Catered lunch included
Affiliate Training Fee
January 2019-May 2020
$450 per coach
*June 2020- training will include two days of onsite/hands-on training
$900 per coach
What do I get?
- 15 round online course included in training fee
- Intensive (fun) instruction at an authorized RSB affiliate location
- Official Gear: RSB cinch sack, boxing gloves, hand wraps, and t-shirt
- Boxed lunch during training
- RSB Certificate of Completion
$800/year per location
- Includes Trademark Licensing & Affiliate Agreement.
- After first 12 months of affiliation, affiliate may choose to switch to a monthly payment arrangement
- Affiliate fees are non-refundable